• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SM-T520 Tab Pro Battery Dead when turned off

AGReverse

Lurker
Sep 20, 2016
Hello,
I have several Tab Pro's that are all having the same problem. I have charged the devices to 100% then when it sits for a few days it will not turn back on. I have plugged it back in and it show 0%.

This is what i have done to try and find the issue...
1. I have reset all cables
2.Tried different batteries (USED)
3.Re-Rom with ODIN and Factory reset
4.Checked the pins on battery terminal for bad solder contacts
5.Waiting on new batteries

Now the interesting part. I charged 2 devices to 100% then disconnected the battery from the Logic board so I could check to see if the battery is discharging on its own. After 3 days I reconnected the battery terminal and tried to turn it back on. They will not power on, then I plug in the charger and battery icon shows up with 100% and then I'm able to turn it back on. Any ideas what the issues with these are I have about 8 of them all doing the same thing?
Thank you,

I can't help but it seems like the battery is the no. 1 complaint with the Tab Pro. I only use mine lightly but there are numerous battery-related issues.
This might help, or check some other threads on this forum and maybe you can find a solution:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...b-pro-8-4-help-not-responding-charging-2.html
I can charge the battery fine when I reconnect the battery terminal. I just can not get the tablet to turn back on once off for some time. Also I disconnected the battery from the terminal on the logic board and when I plug it in, it will not turn on. Once I plug a charger in it will show 100% on the battery and then it will turn on. I'm starting to think it is something wrong with the power management chip on the board. Has anyone tried to replace one of these chips?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones