• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help small click on the camera focus?

Without having tried the phone yet, I would imagine it's no different than tapping on a microphone. Since the microphone is attached to the phone body, the tap is transferred through the body & is then picked up by the Mic. Don't know if there would be a fix, other than making the Mic less sensitive during recording which would mean lower audio volume in recordings.

Upvote 0
Without having tried the phone yet, I would imagine it's no different than tapping on a microphone. Since the microphone is attached to the phone body, the tap is transferred through the body & is then picked up by the Mic. Don't know if there would be a fix, other than making the Mic less sensitive during recording which would mean lower audio volume in recordings.
How do you think of these things?? The noise is from the camera lens when it focuses. Many fixed lens cameras do this and its been like this on may cameras for years.

Upvote 0
How do you think of these things?? The noise is from the camera lens when it focuses. Many fixed lens cameras do this and its been like this on may cameras for years.

I think of these things because I am a professional electronics & sound installer. I install & troubleshoot systems in community centers, schools, etc.

Try this on any digital camera with audio & video recording capability. While you're recording the video, tap on the case just as you would on a cell phone to focus. You'll hear a thumping sound during the playback because it was picked up by the recording mic just like if you tap on a regular microphone when it's live. It's basic sound.

I figured since the mics on these phones aren't the greatest that rather than a low thump, the mic would've picked it up as a clicking or popping sound. Does that answer your question?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones