1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Small display resolution

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by drali_, Aug 6, 2013.

1. drali_

drali_ Lurker

Hi :)

I would like to buy a new phone, but most of the devices are bigger than 4', which is too big for me. I found a nice 3.2' phone with a 320x480 display (Android 4) I would like, but some people told me that not all the apps support the size. I googled it a bit and it seems to me that they were wrong.

Do you think that such a phone will have problems with apps?

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Nope. I think for a phone to have google Play on it, it has to pass some kind of test by google to ensure it will display play content (apps etc) in an acceptable way... something like that anyway lol.
    What phone is it anyway? My wife was lookin at a tiny cute lil Sony :)

3. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

My Venture's 320x240 display disqualifies it from some apps, and some that install don't display properly, so it's not impossible for small screens to be a problem. I can't say if 320x480 would have a problem but I doubt it.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. drali_

drali_ Lurker

HTC Explorer A310E was the first phone I saw.

But that wasn't the final choice, I stopped looking for other phones once I heard about the screen problem.

Thanks for your point of view :)

funkylogik likes this.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You can stick to 4 inches. However I'd suggest that you actually check the phones out physically before saying they are too big. For example, the Galaxy S had a 4inch screen, and so does the S3mini. But the mini is smaller than the original S because the bezels are thinner.

6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)