1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

small issue with apex launcher in the 1 day ive been using it

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by james_uk, Apr 21, 2012.

1. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast

i upgraded to ics 2 days ago, most things seemed fine, i decided to put a launcher on my phone, i usually just used stock but thought id give it a go.

after looking around i went with apex, looks good etc..

i have had 2 small issues though both relating to sms:

just before i got a text and i went to open my msgs and the phone just froze and went black, after about 10 secs it said swype cannot open and i had to restart the phone to get it working again.

also my sms icon no longer shows that i have texts, it would show a 1 or 2 on the icon before (yes it still worked fine after my ics upgrade, its since putting apex on the numbers have gone)

is this just a feature of apex or should i still be seeing the number of texts i have on the icon?

when i first installed apex the original sms icon didnt function and i havd to drag the icon from the apps draw onto the homescreen and that one worked.

anyway are the above issues known issues or am i doing something wrong?

james

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast

3. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Android Enthusiast

You could try clearing data and cache for Apex (manage applications/downloaded/apex launcher).

If that doesn't solve it, do the problems go away if you uninstall apex launcher?

Do they reappear if you reinstall it?

If so, you might be better off contacting the developer as it sounds like a problem with apex.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews