1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Small pictures using native text messaging app

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by AMTrombley0924, Sep 16, 2012.

1. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    When my gf sends me pictures to me via the stock Google messaging app on her G2, I receive such small low res versions of them. When I save them to my phone, it does not improve. Is it a limitation due to differing carriers, a messaging setting or what?

I also recall that when I send pictures to certain people (I haven't attempted to notice a pattern as to carriers, manufacturers, etc), the messaging app tells me that it will re size the picture. I am thinking that this is the same issue.

Receiving pic messages from certain people will be fine (I get high res shots) and from others (my gf is the example) this happens. I know it's not her camera, because I made sure she was taking high quality shots, so I'm not sure what the issue is. Could it be a size limit for attachments that I can adjust?

I would just like to receive full sized pictures when people send them to me, so how do I resolve this?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Its based on carriers. Tmobile for example limits images via MMS to 300kb, and well, images gets compressed. Just send it via dropbox or email.

3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Would texting through Google voice help?