1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Small recording symbol appeared when I opened my whatsapp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cher_9823, Sep 26, 2020.

1. cher_9823

cher_9823 Lurker

Hi everyone. I am concerned that my phone is hacked. I'm not sure if I'm paranoid. I have two other user accounts [for business whatsapp] on my motorola z2 force, both used by me. I switch between accounts once in a while.

1) a small tape recording symbol like this appeared and disappeared within seconds when I opened and scrolled the chats of the second and third whatsapp accounts. I am concerned that the device / WhatsApp was being recorded. I have kaspersky and AVG anti-virus installed and there was nothing flagged. Am I being paranoid?

2) within about 10 days of noticing this, my device has gone dead. It turns on and off continuously and does not boot up at all. My device is quite old, since april 2018 to september 2020, and battery life was already starting to decline, shutting off at about 20% often.

I feel a bit uneasy about this situation. I wonder if its actually possible to hack or remotely view the contents of the device in some way. Can you guys offer me some advice?

Thanks in advance!

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

its probably not hacked....it is really hard to do remotely. now if you handed the phone to someone and walked away and they had enough time.......then maybe.

sounds like your phone is in a bootloop. i do not have your phone, but try and see if you can get to the recovery mode and do a hard reset. now this will delete any data on your phone, but at least (if it works) you will be able to use your phone again.
    https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-213541/

also before doing the hard reset, i would change your google acct password and setup two step verification as well. this should put your mind at ease of any acct info access, if indeed the phone was hacked.

.....good luck and keep us posted.

cher_9823 likes this.
  3. cher_9823

cher_9823 Lurker

Thank you for your reply and I will try the link. Cheers.

ocnbrze likes this.

Motorola Moto Z2 Force Forum

The Motorola Moto Z2 Force release date was August 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 2730mAh battery.

August 2017
Release Date
Reviews