• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Small speakers with media controls

Quboid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2009
Londonderry, UK
Do Bluetooth speakers with media controls work with the S5 so I can pause by pressing a button on the speaker?

Some speakers (such as the Onkyo X6) appear to have play/pause controls combined with the (to me useless) call button but it's not clear what this means - maybe just that music pauses/plays automatically when a call comes in. (The manual says that music pauses when there's a call but doesn't specify what that button does when there's no call, on some (all?) others it loads the phone app.)

Other suggestions for small speakers with media controls very welcome!

Is that the one with 3 buttons on top? Can you use the first button to play/pause music? Jawbone have a pretty good reputation.

I managed to use a Bluetooth speaker set in a shop today and the media controls worked perfectly so that's pleasing. They only had a small selection of cheap ones but I feel a lot more confident about spending money online.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones