1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Small yellow band on screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bruce73, Oct 16, 2014.

1. bruce73

bruce73 Android Enthusiast

I've noticed a small, vertical yellow rectangle ( 1cm x .3cm) in the upper left corner which is only visible on very light or white backgrounds. I've had the phone for about 6 weeks, and am fairly positive it wasn't there originally. Has anyone seen or heard about this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hotkoko

hotkoko Well-Known Member

Return it

3. SolApathy

SolApathy Just another robot
    VIP Member

Test it by verifying that it is the screen. This can be done by taking a screen shot and then looking at the picture on another device to verify that it is a screen defect.

If it is a defect I would definitely try to replace it, though it is a small defect it may not qualify for replacement without cost.

4. bruce73

bruce73 Android Enthusiast

That was the first thing I did. It doesn't show up in a screenshot. I'll try to post a picture of it in a bit.

So, if just for me, I could learn to live with it. I'm thinking mainly about resale value. But if repairing it will cost me, then that would be a wash. And, since I'm almost positive out wasn't there when I first got the phone, I'm hoping this isn't a progressive problem.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews