• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smaller 4g android phones

jasonhoutx

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I am not a big fan of the hummer sized android phones coming out now. I really liked the EVO's stats minus the gigantic screen - and the fact that to wake it up you had to go "find" the power button at the top (I am a thumb user). The battery issue was bad, but nothing I couldn't deal with.

Is there going to be a smaller 4g phone anytime soon on sprint? or is there any smaller/thin phones on other carriers that would rival the EVO?

Thanks!

Yep, the HTC Incredible!

Probably the best phone out right now - especially in the size you want.

It's pretty much the same as the Evo except smaller and on Verizon.

4g phones won't really be coming out for months to come on Verizon so you would have to wait.

4g won't be useful for a long time anyways as the towers need to be built nationwide.

Here ya go!

HTC Incredible - Android Forums

Upvote 0
the reason screens are so big is HD resolution is starting to become a big selling feature. also web browsing is a real pain on a small screen. there will ALWAYS be middle to low end of the line phones for people who dont ned all the glitz and glam. there is the EVO and then there is the moment and hero. so i think if you wait it out and look around you will find something somewhere meant for the casual or spec specific user

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones