• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Actions and Calendar

drdnaught1

Jan 2, 2012
I'm using Smart Actions and Calendar, both of which came with my phone. I've created a rule with Smart Actions that turns my ringer off while I'm at work, but the problem is that it also prevents my Calendar from properly reminding me about events, i.e. the phone does not vibrate for events like I tell it to. If I turn off the Smart Actions rule, then Calendar reminds me like it should.

This happens regardless of whether I set my Smart Action rule to just Vibrate, or just Silent, or both. Does anyone know if there is just something about that app that interferes with Calendar's alerts? Because I guess the solution for me will be to just turn my ringer on/off manually rather than having Smart Actions do it for me, which is a shame because Smart Actions seems like a very useful app.

Check your phone "Sound Settings" under ringer/notifications and see if it allows you to separate the two. On my Atrix 4G, the notification setting was defaulted to the ringer. So what ever the vol. was for the ringer, the notification was the same. Once I unchecked use ringer vol. setting for notifications, I haven't had a problem.

Reactions: drdnaught1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones