1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

smart card reader for droid

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by zandersn, Sep 16, 2010.

1. zandersn

zandersn Lurker

Sep 16, 2010
    I am in the military and need to use my military cac card (smart card) to sign in to certain sites. I know blackberry offers a bluetooth smart card reader to use with some of their phones. Does anyone know if there is a smart card reader for droid or if the blackberrry one will work with droid?

Advertisement

2. serpa4

serpa4 Android Expert

Apr 9, 2010
    Army
    Ya, that would be sweet! Hope someone knows.

3. tobiasg82

tobiasg82 Lurker

Jan 5, 2011
  4. serpa4

serpa4 Android Expert

Apr 9, 2010
    Army
    Very nice, but if I cannot sign docs digitially, not much use. We need a mobile version of MyForms.

5. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Did you see the price $499.00 (SmartBlue Reader). Need to check the BB website for compatability. Alot of money, you know you could wait til you get home and log in to AKO, for less money.

6. kaylward

kaylward Lurker

Nov 12, 2009
    AKO just announced a solution that uses Good mobile and biometric associates CAC reader with iPhone and Android support. No pricing, but I suspect it's going to be as much as the one linked.

7. ChristianSA

ChristianSA Lurker

Apr 12, 2011
    Hi,

This is my first post, so please do not flame me if I am in the wrong forum.

I am looking for an authentication solution for my app running on Android.

Are there any tablets with built-in fingerprint readers and an API for interacting with such a fingerprint reader?

I would also like advice on a tablet manufacturer making tablets that will function in a rough environment (humid).

Thanks in advance,
    Christian

8. sigmosig

sigmosig Lurker

Oct 28, 2011
    Tried to give answer for CAC reader but site would not let me post link that would help military using Android which sucks. Therefore, Google BAI Mobile MP3000 CAC reader approved for use by DOD.

9. Andrew828

Andrew828 Lurker

Jun 28, 2013
    Old thread but if anyone still is looking for info, check out militarycac dot com

the baiMobile 3000 MP looks nice if you can shell out the $400 bucks. Apriva's may be cheaper.