1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

smart dialer not very smart

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sorrow_Doll, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Sorrow_Doll

Sorrow_Doll Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Student
    ok, I'm being too harsh on the smart dialer, but the issues it has are so annoying and available on most phones ( smart or not)

let's get this one out of the way first
    1) no paste into the dialer
    but I think this was solved on other threads, so moving on

2)no cursor, seriously! or maybe I just can't find it.
    Am I the only one who notices that I dialed a wrong number ans wishes there was a cursor so I can scroll to the wrong number and fix it before calling.
    but no. I have to backspace everything to get to the wrong number. ( is backspace even a verb?)

3)ok i don't know what to call this feature, but this happens a lot during a phone call. The other person is giving me a phone number and i type it into the dialer ( while in a phone call) as soon as the call ends the number disappears. Omg where did you go?? I do this always ( dial a number while in a call) and i had many different cellphone that would keep the number, but not my smart dial :(
    ok maybe this isn't exactly a feature to ask for, but if anyone has any idea how I can do that I really need to know.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Been a long time since using the sense dialer but 3 I can definitely confirm. I worked out I have to save the number to a contact before ending the call.

Tags: