1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Smart Manager?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hdxbones, Mar 12, 2016.

1. hdxbones

hdxbones Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Not finding the Smart Manager in the settings screen, any ideas?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    Yup, it is missing on my Verizon S7.

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Yeah,VZW & AT&T have OCD with knowing what's best for their customers............ :rolleyes: :wtfdroid:
    This is straight out of page one of their playbook,right after locking the devices down for those who want to mod/root/etc.....
    I highly recommend forking out $1.95 & getting Package Disabler Pro from the GooglePlayStore:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en
    Disable the bloatware that you do not use & if you're lucky,you'll see the three SmartManager apps:
    [​IMG]
    Disable these & you'll have a more secure phone & less battery drain.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  4. hdxbones

hdxbones Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    So do I enable the Smart Manager, or am I disabling the blocking of it?

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    If you check the box next to Smart Manager (or any app/.apk),you're disabling it.
    Meaning,Smart Manager will not be running/working,you really don't need it.................
    For a list of all the apps that are disabled,go top the Package Disabler Pro App,click on the menu icon in the upper R/H Corner & then click on "Show disabled".

6. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Thanks KOLIO. Tried out the app. Neat

KOLIO likes this.
  7. hdxbones

hdxbones Newbie
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    I'm confused. Why would I need an app to block a feature that's already blocked, if I don't need it anyway?

8. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    2 answers – take your pick.

1) I believe KOLIO was introducing you to an app that would identify bloatware and allow you disable it without rooting. Since your phone does not have an app manager, but might include this bloatware, you could disable it and use several other apps available at the play store.

2) You could use the app to disable these apps, then use it to re-enable these apps, which wouldn't work anyway so then you could happily disable them again. You could then try enabling one and disabling the others which would also not work at which point you could disable that one and enable others, which would also not work but allow you to try different combinations, none of which would work. At that point you would have a choice of kicking the dog or smashing your phone. The first would be cruel and wouldn't work and the 2nd would still not let your app manager work.:(;):brbdroid::spitoutdroid:.

Just kidding with you.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.