• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Or Crazy? opinion

Would you do it?

• No, I need my 200 now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah! 630 will come in handy over time

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

BiGMERF

Extreme Android User
Dec 2, 2009
Florida
www.google.com
Ok, here is the deal. I signed a 2 year contract with tmobile this past December and got what turned out to be a piece of crap Mytouch 3g. I got sick of it and purchased a Nexus out right when it was released. Now fast forward to today, my new contract starts On Tuesday. Im thinking of doing the following. Since I am currently paying a total of 111 dollars a month on the even more plan (1000 min 49.99+40 for unlimited web/text+ phone insurance 4.79+ taxes ='s the 111). I want to go in tomorrow and pay the 200 dollar cancellation fee then go with a no contract even more plus for 59.99, which includes 500 minutes and unlimited web/texting plus the taxes and insurance should put me at around 75 a month. thats gonna save me a total of around 35 a month. take that 35 and times it by 18 (amount of months left on contract) and you get $630! people think in the now and are calling me crazy, even the guy at tmo. What do you think?

Are you sure the $59.99 includes data? That doesn't sound right to me. I'd verify that first.

Edit: Actually, that is the case. Why don't more people do that? Get a phone subsidized, pay term fee, get cheaper plan. You probably save $100-150 on the phone itself vs buying it straight up and doing EM Plus from the start.

Upvote 0
Ok, here is the deal. I signed a 2 year contract with tmobile this past December and got what turned out to be a piece of crap Mytouch 3g. I got sick of it and purchased a Nexus out right when it was released. Now fast forward to today, my new contract starts On Tuesday. Im thinking of doing the following. Since I am currently paying a total of 111 dollars a month on the even more plan (1000 min 49.99+40 for unlimited web/text+ phone insurance 4.79+ taxes ='s the 111). I want to go in tomorrow and pay the 200 dollar cancellation fee then go with a no contract even more plus for 59.99, which includes 500 minutes and unlimited web/texting plus the taxes and insurance should put me at around 75 a month. thats gonna save me a total of around 35 a month. take that 35 and times it by 18 (amount of months left on contract) and you get $630! people think in the now and are calling me crazy, even the guy at tmo. What do you think?
go go go!

Upvote 0
Are you sure the $59.99 includes data? That doesn't sound right to me. I'd verify that first.

Edit: Actually, that is the case. Why don't more people do that? Get a phone subsidized, pay term fee, get cheaper plan. You probably save $100-150 on the phone itself vs buying it straight up and doing EM Plus from the start.

The $79.99/mo plan has Unlimited Minutes, Text and Data. That is the plan I have now, the no contract plan, even though I am still under contract. I just won't be eligible for a discounted phone when my contract is up unless I go back to a contracted plan.

Call Customer Service and change to an Non-Contract Plan that you want and NO CANCELLATION FEE!! Trust me, it works, T-Mobile is, by far, the most flexible.

Thanks!

Reactions: eric1589
Upvote 0
i dont understand the timing on your contract. you signed a 2 year agreement in december, but it doesnt start till now? was it tacked onto the end of an existing contract period?

i just changed my plan from 600 when ever minutes for 39.99 to the 59.99 500 minutes with unlimited text and web. i wasnt under contract though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones