1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Smart Phone fresher

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by andybeedub, Jan 18, 2013.

1. andybeedub

andybeedub Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2013
    Hi All
    I'm new to smart phones and have just received a Smasung Galaxy Ace II, which is bewildering me!

I've trawled thru the manual and this forum for help with the folllowing basic usage, would appreciate some help please.

- When entering new tel numbers in contacts I am unable to insert more than one phone number, I cannot fathom out how to insert landlines, mobile numbers and work number. Yet when I save a VCM sent from another mobile the dual or triple numbers are stored? Plus when I save the VCM it saves into phone memory rather than SIM, any help with these appreciated.

- The alarm device within the clock is great, yet it doesn't appear to have a 'snooze' function? Is this the case or again am I missing something?

- In the month calendar I can enter appointments but (as previously on my old 'stupid' basic handset) there is no sound alarm warning function that is apparent to me, or am I missing something?

Thanks very much
    Andy

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    First off welcome to the forums :)

If you go into the contact and on the top right you can EDIT it. If you do this you can under Phones you can add new numbers labeled as Mobile, Home, Work, and Fax even.

When your clock goes off typically when i turn my over it automatically snoozes, if you are looking for one that has a snooze button try this application: Alarm Clock Plus

When creating the appointment you can choose to have a notification or not, if you don't pick anything i think it just defaults as none.

Hope this helps :)

andybeedub and ocnbrze like this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

1. Open the contacts app, open the contact you want to edit>press menu button>select edit. When you want to add another phone number, beside the field where you enter the number there is a (+) button. Press that to get another line. Press the label (mobile, home, work) to change it. Also, you can't save to SIM if you are putting more than one number per contact. SIM memory can only save one number per name, and nothing else. Also, it is adviseable to sync the contacts to Google instead of keeping them on phone so you'll never lose them.

2. When setting up an alarm, scroll down to see the check-box to enable the snooze function.

3. For the calendar, again scroll down to see the alarm function

andybeedub and Crashdamage like this.
  4. andybeedub

andybeedub Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2013
    Hi
    Thanks for info. Trouble is I have saved most of new contacts onto my SIM, is there a way to transfer them into my phone memory, or will I have to re-enter all of these?

Much appreciated
    Andy

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Open your contacts app where you see your SIM contacts. Press menu>export/import>import from SIM>select Import to Google. Also this would end up with double entries, so you can delete the ones on the SIM. Those would be the ones without the G icon.

andybeedub likes this.
  6. andybeedub

andybeedub Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2013
    absolutely tremendous saved me hours cheers