1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Smart Shortcuts with Link2SD.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JaSauders, Aug 13, 2011.

1. JaSauders

JaSauders Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I set up Link2SD with my SD card partitioned. I also set it to automatically move the entire app to my SD card immediately after it's installed. On a hunch, I wanted to simulate a card failure to see what would happen to the phone. I pulled the card, fired it up, etc.

I had a few Smart Shortcut widgets on the desktop, which are like sub menus. So I have "Internet" on the desktop, which itself is just a static non-moving widget. It brings up a small menu with web browsers and other items I have organized in there. Okay, great.

If I do that when the card is out of the phone, they of course don't come up properly. I power the phone off, put the card back in, fire it up. But when I do that, they come up "Problem loading image" and are dead links. In order to get them back, I must manually re-add them.

On a hunch, I moved Smart Shortcuts to the phone's memory. I simulated the same thing. With Smart Shortcuts on the phone's memory without the card in place, if I hit "internet" it just shows me nothing, since there is of course no apps installed since they are on the memory card.

I put the card back in, fire it up, all is well.

My question is, why is it that things work fine with Smart Shortcuts on the phone's memory, yet they act up when Smart Shortcuts is on SD memory? Mind you, I'm giving it time to mount the SD card and such. I can see my apps in the app drawer. Smart Shortcuts just acts weird.

Any ideas? I wonder if the other shortcut organizer "App Organizer" would do the same thing.

Advertisement