1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Smart stay not working after 4.3 update. Few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sincarafan, Dec 14, 2013.

1. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I'm on t-mobile, unrooted and after the 4.3 update smart stay no longer works. Not with the default web browser or anything else. The icon will show, but it won't do anything. Everything else still works fine.

I know I'll have to do a factory reset to try and fix this, so here is what I am wanting to know.

If I make a backup in kies of my phone will it be easy to reinstall all of my apps, ringtones and what not? Will all of my paid apps from google play be re-installed when I apply the backup after the factory reset or will I have to reinstall them from google play? I dont mind doing a factory reset, but dont want to loose how I have my phone set up.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Kies will reset the phone, maybe not exactly the way you want it, but close - but ...

If you received ONE 4.3 update, wait for the second 4.3 update. It's supposed to fix the bugs that the first one caused. Without having to do any resets.

3. sincarafan

Is t-mobile slated to get a 2nd update? t-mobile never got the update that all other carriers got prior to 4.3. This is the first update they've received since the phone came out.

4. sincarafan

Well I did a factory reset today and it didn't fix it. Smart stay lit up when the phone booted up for a split second then stopped. It's the only feature that no longer works since the update.

5. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

How can you tell if it's working?

6. sincarafan

The eye icon will be lit when using the stock browser or other certain apps. Tthe screen wont turn off after so much time when its active while you are looking at the screen.

7. sincarafan

Ok talked to Samsung about this. Tried everything in the book. Factory reset, safe mode, battery pull, etc.. and no solution. They wanted me to send the phone in to them but I can't do without my phone for a good 2 weeks. Looks like until there's another update I'm sol with smart stay.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews