• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Smart Unlock

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
So last night Google popped up and asked if I wanted to use smart unlock for my home location on my S8+. I popped in the screen to have a look, but backed out as I didn't want to set it up.

Now my phone is not locking at all at home, I've looked in the Smart Lock area, under Trusted Places and no area has been added. Although my address does get listed up the top it is greyed out and linked to Google Maps only and is not switched on.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks for your help Brain. Handy to know where that Trusted agents was hiding.

I did finally figure out what was going on and I get the "Dumb @#$@" award for today! Under security I had setup face unlock when I first set the phone up and then went onto finger print unlock. In the menu it states you cannot have face and finger print unlock set at the same time. Seems that's not true as both were set to on and both are working!? Once i turned off face unlock everything was fine.

I'm just going to find a rock to hide under for the rest of the day. :oops::goofydroid:

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones