• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smartlock stopped working

CharlieD

Jun 2, 2010
Greece, NY
www.dennett.org
I've used smartlock to unlock without a PIN in my home and work locations. All of a sudden it stopped working. Now when I go to Settings -> Security -> Smart Lock -> enter PIN all I see is a blank white screen. There should be items to let me see trusted places, etc. None of that is there. Just a blank screen. And smartlock is enabled under security -> trust agents.

Any one else ever seen this? I've rebooted several times but nothing helps.

Charlie

Last edited:
Carrier - Verizon
Rooted -No, never has been
Version - latest Lollipop build LMY48M.
No app installed or removed. Did have trouble last day or two keeping the bluetooth connected to my car (Honda Accord 2012). Deleted info about that on both phone and car today at lunch and reestablished the connection. I'm sure smartlock worked prior to that.

Might try a factory reset tonight.

I appear to have fixed it. I went into recovery mode and wiped the cache partition. Smartlock is back but it's forgotten my home and work locations. Easy enough to put back. I probably did that trying clean cache and data on a few individual apps and services.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones