• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smartphone Newb need help choosing.

dragonbat13

Lurker
Aug 20, 2013
Ok, I already have a samsung rush on the boost network. It works fine for me so far. Of course I am going to root it shortly, then mess with it till I brick it so I can get me something better.:D

Anyway, Of course now the sig. other wants one. But she insists on the net 10 network over the boost. Thats what she wants and thats really the only thing I have to work around, that and the case color. But she is gonna get that herself.

Anyway, the Rush has a 1000 MHz processor and the Centura has a 800MHz. Other than that they are just about identical. How much of a performance decrease will she see? Will it be a total slug, or is it still a decent phone? I really want to stick with samsung galaxy phones right now, and this is the only net10 phone in the price range of under 150 dollars that I can find on the net 10 site.

The reason I want to stick with the samsung phones right now is for the online forum support. And the proven company.

A few other questions are, the net 10 site lists all kinds of phones, but when you punch in my area code 70607, it reduces the amount of phones. Why is this?

Also, for both the Rush and the Centura, what are the options for putting a higher MAh battery in them? Are batteries from other phones capable of going into these budget phones?

Thanks for any help,
Mark

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones