• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smartphone newcomer

Hi all

I am new to all this smartphone malarky !! .
I am moving from a Sony Ericsson C902.
Have never used internet on a phone before, so i am on a learning curve and will probably be asking "daft" questions, so if i don't grasp answers straight away please be patient.
I have the Desire being delivered this week and am looking forward to it but at the same time a little scared, 'Syncing ??", face book,apps, market place,android,etc,etc,it's all new to me.

I hope it doesn't make any difference but my PC is an AppleMac (snow-leopard) that was a learning curve too after years of windows.

Thanks in advance and hopefully,in the near future i will be in a position to pass on some help to people that are like me now.
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

No need to panic. That is the great thing about Android, it should feel pretty intuitive when you first pick up the phone, then you can make it as complicated or simple as you like.

It also plays pretty well with mac, the phone can be seen as a disk drive, so you can just drag and drop, or if you are used to the iTunes experience, you can download Double Twist which has a very similar UI but for Android.

Reactions: mdv47
Upvote 0
No need to panic. That is the great thing about Android, it should feel pretty intuitive when you first pick up the phone, then you can make it as complicated or simple as you like.

It also plays pretty well with mac, the phone can be seen as a disk drive, so you can just drag and drop, or if you are used to the iTunes experience, you can download Double Twist which has a very similar UI but for Android.

Isyncr is worth a shout as well if your used to itunes :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones