1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Smartphone Owners who bought tablets.........Do you regret buying a Tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JiggaGeazY, Aug 29, 2011.

1. JiggaGeazY

JiggaGeazY Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Construction/Engineering
    Nor Cal - The Yay
    My wife and I have been debating whether or not to buy tablets. We both have Droid X's and absolutely love them. We both have laptops which we basically only use to surf the web and then I have my baby....my custom gaming pc. I'm a huge gamer and would love the advanced tegra 2 optimized and exclusive games....that's without a doubt but for $400-$600 bucks do you find yourself using your lappy or phone more? Money really isn't an issue but i don't want to buy and then not use it or suffer some terrible buyers remorse because i'm using my phone because it's more convienant. You know.
    How do you feel about your tablet even though you own a smartphone?

Advertisement

KENNECTED likes this.
  2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Yes and No, yes because it makes the screen on my Galaxy S II look really small now. :p

I have the Transformer which doubles as a netbook with the keyboard dock so it's a very flexible device imo.

I'm not using it everyday, but then sometimes I won't use my phone all that much except for calls, but that's life I guess, sometimes your just to busy doing other stuff. :(

3. JiggaGeazY

None

Dec 27, 2010
    Construction/Engineering
    Nor Cal - The Yay
    so you have a GS2 and a transformer. I could see the Keyboard dock and tab combo replacing a netbook for the most part. I'm on my phone all the time gaming, web surfing and texting and i'm thinking another device would be weird but i'm a gaming and gadget junky and i want a tablet so bad. My wife was like I want one too so now we're up in the air about it.

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I happened to recieve my tablet (Eee Pad Transformer with keyboard dock) as a gift, so there isn't any regret on my part. As for my use, I found I've been using my tablet way more than my laptop now. It has replace my laptop for the most part (except for a few games that do not run on my tablet). It has also cut into the time on my phone somewhat. That's OK since when I'm out of the house, I'll use my phone and when at home, I use my tablet.

Like Shocky, the tablet makes my phone feel puny if I use my phone right after using my tablet. Other than that, it doesn't affect my perception of my phone.

I primarily use my tablet to surf and make postings on forums and social networks. The keyboard is great for it although it is still taking me time to get used to a smaller than full-sized keyboard. I find that the Android apps like Pulse and Taptu make surfing and reading articles a better experience than on my laptop. The best feature of a tablet is the intant power on. That is why it has really cut into my time on the laptop. It also makes me procrastinate less to pay the bills over the internet. Before, I let a few bills pile up before paying to make it worth turning on my laptop and waiting a few minutes. The tablet makes paying bills more convenient.

5. JiggaGeazY

None

Dec 27, 2010
    Construction/Engineering
    Nor Cal - The Yay
    yeah you know and i almost answered a question for myself about web surfing too. I do more web surfing on my phone then I do on my lappy because of convience factor. The only problem is that while gaming and surfing the web on my phone my eyes start to hurt and that is a problem so basically i would use more tablet for this. I can already see it. So thats a plus one for the tablet. I have a gaming pc for intensive pc moments and my lappy is stationary. It really doesn't move. It just sits and i go to it. The tablet would live in my living room along side the wifeys. LOL Still i'm debating lets hear more opinions.

6. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    I can say I don't regret it one little bit. My phone is now basically a wifi hotspot for my tablet. The other thing is, Honeycomb is quite a different experience from froyo or gingerbread. I love it.

Looks like you've realized that a tablet is basically an entertainment device, and you are correct. I take it out with me often, but at home, it's just as useful. Take it out on the patio to browse, read, a little casual gaming, on a nice morning coffee and news or netflix. It's a whole lot of fun.

7. Dragoro

Dragoro Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Male
    Michigan
    I use both my charge and Iconia 500 everyday. I don't regret either purchase.

8. JiggaGeazY

None

Dec 27, 2010
    Construction/Engineering
    Nor Cal - The Yay
    how are you liking your iconia 500 because thats probably what we are going to get

9. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    I love my tablet (Galaxy Tab 10.1) very much, and don't regret the purchase one bit. It's kinda funny, I didn't expect to use it as much as I do when I bought it. I use my phone when im out and about, because it's most convenient, but when im home I use my tablet about 70% of the time, and laptop about 30%. I like to lay around on the couch, or outside on the porch, and its much easier to sit back and relax with the tablet, than a laptop in my opinion. Overall, I think there's definitely a future in tablets :)

10. Sue7M3

Sue7M3 Well-Known Member
    None

Nope. Love them both!

11. Dragoro

Dragoro Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Male
    Michigan
    I love it. Its so much better than my I pad. Flash, able to connect my camera up to it, totally customizable desktop, and more stuff I'm discovering every day.

12. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I use my phone strictly for work stuff. There are no games or non-work related apps on my phone except for the MLB At Bat app. My tablet is all for fun and games.

13. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Female
    Tampa, FL
    I love both of my devices. I sort of regret the tablet as I feel I should have got a different one. I may jsut buy out my contract on it and get a wifi tablet. Having 3g on it is great sometimes (got tired of sirius/xm today, so i streamed google music all day while on the road).

A tablet upgrade may be in my future.

14. Fetch Questman

Fetch Questman Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland OR
    <-------- I have the phones listed here

and a launch iPad. Love having a tablet. I rarely use a computer at home now, where I used to use one for an hour or two every day. I would love to be in the market for a tablet right now, so many more choices than I had back when I was shopping for one. But my old iPad still works admirably