• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Smashed my screen

Thanksk for your reply, i saw that after I posted. Carphone warehouse will repair my phone at a cost, not sure weither to go through them or HTC. Im gutted but I keep telling myself its just a phone and everything is repairable :).

I put it on the wheelie bin whilst mowing the lawn. I then forgot and lifted the lid and it flew through the air hit the concrete. Im gonna laugh once its fix :-D

Upvote 0
I put it on the wheelie bin whilst mowing the lawn. I then forgot and lifted the lid and it flew through the air hit the concrete. Im gonna laugh once its fix :-D

Well, at least you seem relatively up beat about it (well, as up beat as you can be I suppose)! :)

What are CPW going to charge you? I think HTC charge roughly the price quoted on the website you linked to.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to be. There's bigger things to worry about in life then this lol. Cpw are charging between 30 - 170 depending on the problem. Gonna take it in tomorrow l guess it'll be about the same. Phoning home insurance first to see if I'm covered.

Upvote 0
Is that cost for the new screen and fitting? If so then I'm very impressed with that price as well, I though you'd be looking at at least 150 probably more with fitting.

do you have to send off to get it done?

makes me abit less worried about damaging my screen

Yes thats the cost to fit new screen and the surround (back) of the phone. I was impressed. Yes they have to send it off and coudl take up to 28 days.

If it charge you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones