1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Smashed Screen - Now What...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobile1, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mobile1

mobile1 Member

My T-Bolt hit the asphalt this morning and now I have a shattered screen. Of course no where close to being eligible for an upgrade and the second line which doesn't have a smartphone and is eligible belongs to the wife who is awaiting the iPhone 5 in a few weeks.

While the phone still works, it looks like hell and I don't want to trust it since I am on the road until the middle of November for business.

So....

No time to do a repair.

I did send a PM on one in the classifieds but assuming he doesn't replay back (or am unable to meet my needs/terms), suggestions?

I have kept my phone stock. I don't have 3G locally but my travels will have me in 4G 30 to 40% of the time.

I have not called Verizon to see what my options are. On the web everything is full priced for me. Assuming I have to pay full price, anything new/better to purchase? I really have not kept up much on new phones.

I do like the HTC Sense but also used an original Motorola Droid which was not bad except for the sluggish performance.

Advertisement

2. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

Asurion an option?

3. mobile1

mobile1 Member

I managed to get a new Bionic at the 2 year contract price but with no new contract. Still not what I had in mind but it gets me going in a hurry which is what I really need.

4. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast

How did you manage to get it at the 2 year price?

5. mobile1

mobile1 Member

Made a phone call to our Verizon Rep for our company and asked for a huge favor.

6. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Android Enthusiast

I've seen various little stores/kiosks in malls that sometimes offer screen repair.

7. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

8. PoweredByLE5

PoweredByLE5 Well-Known Member

sheesh you must of had a bad phone i dropped mine a million times i swear this thing is the most indestructible phone i've ever owned. usually im replacing by 6 months lol

9. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Android Enthusiast

its not that hard , I did mineusing this video.
    HTC Thunderbolt Broken Screen Repair How To - YouTube

angldvl81 likes this.
  10. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

Haha I've dropped mine lots of time but it only seems to be when I drop it on sand it cracks. I now have 2 cracks. Luckily they are single and not spidered out

11. dontlookatme

dontlookatme Lurker

i have scratches on mine only from being in pocket and in cases. and drops. even when i have protective screens. the screen protectors i had come off. i went through 3 generic screen protectors, 1 zagg, and 1 bodyguardz

12. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

You don't have any small cell phone stores by you? They always do repairs most of the time is same day of they have the parts. I wouldn't go thru insurance because of this its gonna cost $100 to replace I'd just get it fixed.

13. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

14. xeno2011

xeno2011 Well-Known Member

Wow, glad you have those skills! Looks pretty involved, with heating up the frame and using the adhesive as well. I'd probably make a mess of it.