1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Smiley face question on handcent

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Robtheknob7, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Robtheknob7

Robtheknob7 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Las Vegas
    I use handcent pro or whatever the paid version is called... And I NEVER use a : - ) as a smiley since I'm use to my palm pre. Is there anyway to have : ) be a smiley face? or does anyone have their smileys set so there isnt a stupid hyphen in the middle? thanks

If it has the be the ugly green ones ill deal with that but Id rather have the regular yellow smileys

Advertisement

2. Robtheknob7

Robtheknob7 Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Does anyone know how to help? I like having smileys show up besides just : ) that showing

3. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    Not too sure what your problem is here.

From reading the above it seems that you don't want to type ":)" to generate a smiley face in Handcent.

However, when I'm using Handcent, I use Menu > Insert smiley when I'm composing a text and am offered a range of smiley faces to choose from (either Android green or regular smiley yellow. :)

I also have, free from the Market, the Handcent Emoji Plus add-on which provides me with loads more predefined icons to add to my texts, providing I'm sending to a compatible phone or iPhone. See here:-

Handcent Emoji Plugin - Android app on AppBrain

Apologies if I'm missing something in your posting. :thinking:

(Bear in mind that the receipient phone has to be able to display smilies as well. Some don't, like the Nokia N97)