• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Smoda widget :-))))

ACD168

Android Expert
Apr 30, 2010
So, I know CM6 came out with a widget to toggle 3g which is awesome!!!

But I am currently using Sky Raider 2.5 Vanilla and there was no way to do this buy a toggle widget, for free anyway. (I don't think I need to pay $ for something that should have come with the software anyway.)

after many downloads and failures, I found this widget called SMODA.

I'm sorry if this has been covered or if no one simply cares, but I was ecstatic about this as I don't have great 3g if any in my house and this is a life saver, not too mention much easier than holding down the power button..

Reactions: Obed and crimton
Should be one level up though, in the Root section, not in teh rom section.

From what I can remember, even without root, if you use launcher pro instead of htc sense, you can't use any widget to toggle 3G, for free anyway. why are you so upset with it being in this section anyway, I have my reasons, and unless you are a mod, just report it to one, and they can decide ya know.

Upvote 0
From what I can remember, even without root, if you use launcher pro instead of htc sense, you can't use any widget to toggle 3G, for free anyway. why are you so upset with it being in this section anyway, I have my reasons, and unless you are a mod, just report it to one, and they can decide ya know.

I'm not 'worried' about it being here, I just made an observation based on what you posted above. I don't ever turn off the 3g on my phone, I just use the available wifi connections around me, and it seems to keep my battery usage down even in low-signal areas. Without my Femtocel at home, and without being connected to my wifi, I can kill a full battery in a couple hours just sitting on the desk in my basement easily. With my wifi on, and the femtocel up and running, I dropped about 18-19% in around 10 hrs this past weekend, both saturday & sunday.

Also note, I'm not saying there's no use for this app, I just don't need it. Just be glad you didn't post it int he dev forums over at Xda, you'd be sporting a freshly chewed-off rear (they're unforgiving over there, lol).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones