• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root smoked glass v6 experiance

Question for you guys stating your getting better battery life. I'm not noticing any better. Not sure if it is me or what. I'm OC'd 1000 on Adams 5 slot 1k Low Voltage kernal, I have 2 corp email accts. that pull every 15 minutes. Twidroid that pulls every 5 - 10 minutes, using profiles, when charging drop down to 400, when off drop down to 400 mhz, and if I unplug my phone when I leave work, it is dead in the morning. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I have a question. This may boil down to something I missed or did wrong, and if so I apologize for wasting anyone's time. I am running this ROM, and Google Maps isn't working. I can't re-install it (tells me it is not compatible).

Did I set something up wrong?
Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Market. If it has been loaded as a system app here is a thread that will help in uninstalling:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/52774-remove-installled-apps.html:

Reactions: tfleming23
Upvote 0
I also would like an answer to this. Wanting an all green theme kind of like stock green on the phone pad, text and such. Any help would be great. Thanks

Also can I change the boot animation and how?Thanks

Not sure on the boot animation.

I can't tell you if it works on v6 but Metamorph did work on v5.1 so I assume it would work on 6.0. You might see the Metamorph thread in the Root stickies. Here is one theme that might get you part way there:
http://alldroid.org/threads/15549-%5BMM-THEME%5D-Elegant-Droid-Version-1-3-%5BUPDATE-03-16-10%5D
It says it works on 2.1 so it should work but I cannot verify.

Upvote 0
Not sure on the boot animation.

I can't tell you if it works on v6 but Metamorph did work on v5.1 so I assume it would work on 6.0. You might see the Metamorph thread in the Root stickies. Here is one theme that might get you part way there:
[MM THEME] Elegant Droid - Version 1.3 [UPDATE 03/16/10]
It says it works on 2.1 so it should work but I cannot verify.

Thanks for the reply. Do I just follow the instructions at the bottom of the pics? Seems pretty easy. Never used gscript lite though. Never used MM either so are fonts file and MM the same thing?

Upvote 0
I also would like an answer to this. Wanting an all green theme kind of like stock green on the phone pad, text and such. Any help would be great. Thanks

Also can I change the boot animation and how?Thanks

One way to change boot animation (without using adb commands) is to (have a full backup first using Nandroid or Clockwork just to be safe):
1- copy the new bootanimation.zip file to the root of your SD card.
2- Use root explorer to copy that file.
3- Go to /system/media and hit the Mount R/W to make the files read/write.
4- Either delete the old bootanimation.zip file or rename it to bootanimation.bak -
5- now paste your new bootanimation file in the /system/media directory.
6-Hit the Mount R/O button to revert back to read only. That's it!
7- Reboot.

Upvote 0
One way to change boot animation (without using adb commands) is to (have a full backup first using Nandroid or Clockwork just to be safe):
1- copy the new bootanimation.zip file to the root of your SD card.
2- Use root explorer to copy that file.
3- Go to /system/media and hit the Mount R/W to make the files read/write.
4- Either delete the old bootanimation.zip file or rename it to bootanimation.bak -
5- now paste your new bootanimation file in the /system/media directory.
6-Hit the Mount R/O button to revert back to read only. That's it!
7- Reboot.

Do I rename it bootanimation.zip or leave it whatever.zip?Thanks

That worked like a charm. Thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0
I used sg5 before coming to 6.01, battery life seems to last the same oced @ 1 ghz. Battery life seems to give me 6 - 8 hours of web browsing and game play, 16 - 24 hours on stand by.

I no longer have the massive amounts of typing lag here on the forum. The interactive live wallpapers are cool as eye candy, however pointless in everyday use. I miss having landscape with home screen without sliding out the keyboard. Install was simple and gave a lot of options, as adamz and others have said it was.

I have become a fan of adamz and his ROMS. I can NOT find any reasons not to instal this ROM. I recommend this ROM to anyone who is looking for a stable fast and smooth Droid. ;-)

Upvote 0
Just installed this about 2 hours ago and I am really impressed. I love the Smoked Glass theme, and the speed and responsiveness of the home screen switching, app bar and notification bar is amazing. (BTW, I was running stock, non-rooted 2.0.1, so my impressions are probably expected.)

I also installed Helix launcher, and I'm loving that as well. Overall a very good experience (so far, let's cross my fingers).

One question (not entirely on topic :eek:) - I am trying to set 4 Apps Manager shortcuts to the Helix Launcher tray at the bottom. For some reason, 3 of the 4 shortcuts come out great with the correct icon, but the forth (Tools) has the default Apps Manager icon attached to it. Is there a good way to fix this?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I am running SG 6.0.1, and two days ago my clock mysteriously changed times to one hour behind. My alarm had just gone off, I hit Dismiss, and all of a sudden it was 4:30 instead of 5:30. It took a reboot to reset itself, and isn't too big of a deal unless it happens overnight and screws with my alarm.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Or even HEARD of this happening before? Can a rom mess with the clock on the phone? I have always thought the time/date were taken directly from the cell network... :thinking:

Thanks!

P.S. I'd also like to reaffirm my love for this rom. I don't think it gets enough credit on these forums, and I'd encourage everyone to at least give it a try for a couple of days. The menu that AdamZ has included during the install process is outstanding and lets each user decide which features to add or remove (of a select list, of course, but it is pretty extensive). Now if only Alldroid would approve my registration I could thank him properly...

Upvote 0
P.S. I'd also like to reaffirm my love for this rom. I don't think it gets enough credit on these forums, and I'd encourage everyone to at least give it a try for a couple of days. The menu that AdamZ has included during the install process is outstanding and lets each user decide which features to add or remove (of a select list, of course, but it is pretty extensive).

I agree but was very confused at first as to whether I had to check or uncheck the ones I wanted to be installed. Don't even remember which I did but it came out great. I really enjoy this rom.

Upvote 0
hmm, maybe its just my newbish'ness but i thought 2.1 was supposed to include pinch to zoom in the browser, do i have the wrong browser file? i've been searching since i posted about the virtual keyboard w no luck...

edit: nm, re-installed the rom and its working now... i know i'm not ******ed but when i first ran it the browser had the same zoom buttons that annoy the f*** outta me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones