1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SMS app problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheKnightOne, Aug 18, 2011.

1. TheKnightOne

TheKnightOne Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I have had a problem recently with the default 2.3.3 keyboard and sms apps. This is a random bug and it is not always replicatable but it happens enough to be really irritating and would love some help on how to solve it

When I enter into the default sms app on my Vodafail branded DHD (usually from the homescreen widget) there are instances when I cannot backspace a text I am composing. What happens instead is that it sort of freezes up, goes to the delete message screen and can take several taps of the cancel button to go back to the messge itself. After this happens once, typing the message is fine. As soon as I exit the sms text app though, its russian roulette to see if it happens to me the next time I try to write a text message.

WTF is wrong with it? Does anyone else have a similar problem with their handset? Or should I finally cave in, root the phone, ditch HTC Sense and get a custom ROM, Keyboard and SMS app?

Cheers,

TKO

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

It's one of the few unsolved quirks of the upgrade I'm afraid. As of yet, I don't believe there is a solution. You could try an alternative message app, like GoSMS or Handcent?