1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

sms app question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by juniperpansy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. juniperpansy

juniperpansy Newbie
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    Hi the default android sms app works good... but is missing one feature I consider pretty essential. That is, on the screen where the last message of each conversation thread is shown, there is no indication whether the last message sent was either one I sent or one that was sent to me.

I tried go sms but it seems to be the only feature that app doesn't have.... Any ideas?

Thanks!

edit here is an example of how this was done in windows mobile. 'me' was prefaced if I had sent the last message: [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    Juniper:
    Are you looking for something more of the old classic view where messages stored in folders like:

In, Sent, Unsent, Draft, etc?

Check out this FREE app:
    [​IMG]
    Screenshot of folder structure:

[​IMG]

3. FishDoctor

FishDoctor Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Male
    Aquatic Ecologist
    Chicago area
    I use Go SMS and the balloon style I use makes it pretty clear to me which messages were sent by me and which ones were from the conversational partner.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    GO SMS doesnt have the feature he is looking for AFAIK. You guys seem to have missed the point. The screenshot you are looking at is the conversation list, where you see the threads for each person. On GO Sms, you see a preview of the last message on that list, but it doesnt say if that message was from you, or from the sender, you have to see the conversation bubbles by opening the thread first. What he wants is that little notifier to see if you sent the message or the other person did. Look closely at each thread in the image, you would see that if he was the one who sent the last message in the thread, there is a "Me" written.

As to the OP, sorry, I have no idea if an app with that feature exists. AFAIK Go SMS doesnt have it, but you could try Handcent or Chomp to see if they do.

5. Rico ANDROID

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    Yes, his screenshot is that of a winmo type app/function in an android world. It would be nice to see develop.ent of apps that provide the best of both platforms. Good discussion.

6. ashish04

ashish04 Newbie
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    India
    Yeah I am also facing this problem..but couldn't find any solution till now..

7. Rico ANDROID

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    Oh good, you've found an app that does what you and the orig poster are looking for? Please share! :eek: