1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jezzabelle, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jezzabelle

Jezzabelle Lurker

Help! Please, you lovely clever peoples! I have a mate who lives in Holland and we would love to keep in touch with each other via text message, however, there is a snag. For her to send me a message, I live inthe UK, it costs her money and to chat this way for any length of time would add a small fortune to her phone bill. I am only on a payg mobile so when I tried to reply to her sms, I couldn't. I think it is because I am only on payg and not contract.

She mentioned something about an app that lets you send and receive regular text messages via the internet/wifi rather than just send it like a regular text message to someone else in the UK over your network provider. Does such a thing exist? I have had a look out there and the only things I found were apps that let you clump all your contacts together, similar ones to Timescape, that's not what I am looking for.

I hope someone can help me. :( I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 if that helps.

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast

the app u should try is called skebby. both of u shud install it. thers an option to unclump yor contacts.

also google cardboard fish

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Sounds like what's app to me. Its free for a year then dirt cheap per year after if you want to keep it!

4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

HewWire also works well for this purpose, if you don't mind having a different number for texting (SMS/MMS).