1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sms application - pressing send by accident!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emmagb, May 16, 2011.

1. emmagb

emmagb Lurker

Hi - I have an HTC Desire and I know this may sound very silly but I always seem to type texts too quickly and always end up accidentally pressing send before I meant to! This happens pretty much every time I text and is becoming a real pain.

I know the answer is most probably to be more careful but is there an app I can use where the send button is in a more inaccesible place/needs to be confirmed before sending? have tried the stock app and handcent and chomp but they all have the send button right next to the typing area and it's driving me mad!

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can offer!

Emma

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Not sure if it would help but try downloading Handcent, Chomp SMS or my personal Favourite GoSMS from the market... They are SMS replacement apps. Just try all of them and see what one works best for you :)

3. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Android Enthusiast

+1 for Go SMS. Fantastic app. :cool:

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yeah GoSMS is truly amazing! Most people love GoSMS and it really is the best SMS app out there :D

5. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Android Enthusiast

...and more importantly, for the original poster, you have the option of confirming if you want to send when you hit the send button :cool:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yes thats true so overall its excellent and definitely worth a go :D

7. emmagb

emmagb Lurker

thanks everyone for your feedback - have installed go sms and agree it's great! could you possibly tell me how to set it to confirm to send though please? :)

cheers
    emma

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews