1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS converting to MMS for group sending-not long message!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zakerrman, Apr 17, 2012.

1. zakerrman

zakerrman Lurker

I have noticed on my Vodafone UK bill that when I send an SMS (small and large) to multiple people on my contact list, it goes out and arrives to them as an MMS. This is not because the message in long. It happens when I send a message to many people (7 for example) despite the message having only 50 characters. I know about issues with the S2 regarding long messages, but to penalise sending multiple short messages just seems daft and a very basic design fault. Can anyone please help me, because yes, I do have more than 7 friends in one group, and I do like inviting them in one text without having to pay 15p each for the privilege!

Any help appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

I am on an unbranded S2 and I often send group messages to 10 - 15 people together.
    I have never been charged as a MMS.

This might be a carrier issue. Have you asked Vodafone about it?

3. Skezza

Skezza Lurker

It's not a carrier issue, it's a Samsung-Network issue. They love a bit of it. They convert long SMS to MMS and they convert SMS to lots of people to MMS.

I'd suggest looking at BigSMS from the Play Store. You can send a text of pretty much unlimited length to as many people as you want.

Bingo!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews