1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support sms delay issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SubaruB4, Aug 11, 2011.

1. SubaruB4

SubaruB4 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    This has started maybe about two weeks ago.. I was texting a person to ask if they arrived yet on the bus because i had to pick them up.. I never got a response back.. Well.. I got the texts later.. like 8 or so hours later including like 4 VM. That same person has sprint and the EVO.

Now this other person is on Tmobile and about 670 miles away and she will get my messages pretty fast but her's are almost delayed and i feel bad because it makes it seems like I don't want to speak but when I do get them I get like 3-4 messages at a time come in. all delayed but then sometimes it goes quick like last night :-/

Should I call sprint?

Advertisement

2. LYTE

LYTE Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    Ive been having this problem since i updated to 2.2

I text Amy@345pm
    Amy responds, but i dont get it until at least 10mins to an hour or more later.

OR Amy's responses wont come to my phone until i send another text. Once i sent a text, it her texts come through.

even worse when the conversation is done for a while, maybe an hour or 2 & u get a notification but see no text. Then I scroll up in the thread & there is a text that is time stamped for an hour or so ago, just coming through in the middle of the conversation.

FORGET ALL THE LATER REPLIES THAT'S going to say "use handcent, go sms etc"

I want to use the native messging app.

3. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    yeah you are right lol at HF they said to use a 3rd party text program lol.. it's not a program issue it's a network issue...

having said that it's crazy.. and really frustrating

4. LYTE

LYTE Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    i dont understand how this is a network issue when I reverted back to blackberry for better battery life & didnt have this problem yet. It has to be a software issue & it sucks to call a phone a smart phone if u cant get texting right.

5. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    When my mom gets home I'm going to check her evo by sending messages back and forth.

6. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    Looks like it might be a tower issue..

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    have you guys tried and updating you prl and profile? no issue here with my text message.

8. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    I already did that.. Sprint is going to open up a ticket with the tower.. I just had to give my address out.

9. LYTE

LYTE Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    my thing is, if it is a "tower" or "network" issue, why it doesnt do that with any other phones I had with sprint before or after Evo?

as I stated, mine began doing that once i upgraded to Froyo. I havent been Evo happy since.

10. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    That I can't anwser.. I've had foyo for awhile now pretty much since I had my phone a year ago

11. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    This is what they said to me over at the sprint forms So looks to be a handset issue.. my question is why can't these PRL and profile updates be automatic?

"I've looked into all the network elements, provisioning of your device and network perfomance. That all looks ok. I got into you message history and they are coming back with a status of 'm buffered (2)' most of your messages since this morning. The other messages show delivered, but does not mean they weren't delayed since it has already processed. In short - that message status indicates a handset issue and will most likely require a reset in order to clear. I can't pinpoint why this happens and I will always do what I can to avoid a hard reset, but in this case, it's my best option to clear the delay."

and he follows up to say..

"That was about 30 minutes ago. I just refreshed your message history and some of the messages that were buffered from this morning have been delivered since you did the update, but there are still more trying to push to your device. I'll send you another private message with one additional step you can try that might help. If not, you may want to start thinking about resetting your device..."

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/323896#323896

12. LYTE

LYTE Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    i dont think it is a Sprint issue. Android! this happens on my cousin Epic & again, it doesnt happen on my BB

13. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    I'm battling SMS errors now after doing the reset I might have to call sprint to reset the phone because I just roamed on Verizon and it said something like unable to figure out the device something like that..

So I went back on Sprint by moving 3 inches over (yeah it's that bad..) and I tried calling a sprint number and I get a switch error so I gotta call Sprint.. what the heck is the number to call from the phone?

14. SubaruB4

None

Aug 4, 2010
    Male
    Connecticut
    OMG.. Sprint CS... :mad:

So I signed up with the Sero plan when I got my Evo because of the referral code and whatnot.. So I call Customer service and I could already tell when the guy spoke the first few lines that he was going to be a handful and sure enough I gave him my phone number and account name and he was Like...

OH wait this account is locked and I say to me locked what? and He was like this is a company phone and you need them to call and I'm like what are you talking about... I've never had this issue before with anyone else..

So he gives me some number 800-927-2199

and I can see it now.. I call and they are going to send me back and forth...

*edit

Wow what a ride.. it's a pain if you call from another Sprint phone under another person's name...

Anyways I called and a guy who I knew by the sound of his voice was going to give me a hard time and as soon as he saw my account was a sero plan he was like I can't help you and gave me the number for the business end of Sprint.. I called back again and I got this nice lady that helped me and then when she was unable to do anything she sent me to tech support and they were able to help me.. I did not get any of those pending messages yet.. but I did send a message between the two phones and it's really fast like 2-4 seconds.

Tags: