1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS delivery reports Samsung s5 mini

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AngelicOne, Oct 26, 2014.

1. AngelicOne

AngelicOne Lurker

What does the status "requested" mean? Does it mean I've been blocked or does it mean the recipient has switched their phone off? Also i only want a delivery report for certain numbers, so if i turn the delivery report off after i've sent the message will i still get one? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

The request is only good for that 1 message you are sending out, UNLESS you have the SMS app defaults set to always request a delivery report..

Once you have sent the message out, and if you have forgotten to request a delivery report, too late. You can't retrieve it and add the request.

Once you hit send, the SMS is forwarded to your carrier and you have lost control over that particular message. Either it is received by the recipient, or it gets lost in the ether somewhere, or their phone is off and never powered back on, or their account is closed.

It has been my experience, that you will only receive delivery reports to those recipients who are using the Same Carrier that you are.

ie, I never, ever, get a delivery report UNLESS the recipient is also using Verizon. And, I have my SMS app set to Always Request Reports...

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews