1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support SMS Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wyrick, Aug 27, 2011.

1. wyrick

wyrick New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    I have been getting an SMS Error for approximately one week, since last Saturday when I had a large software upgrade. The error happens when I text certain people, specifically people synced through Facebook. The details of the error are "SMS Error, Cause Code 34, Error Class 2." I have spoken to 5 or 6 tech support people and I have done a hard reset, soft reset, they have opened a ticket with upper techs, I have taken it inside a store....I am getting very annoyed, needless to say.

There was a suggestion that the problem is that when I sync my contacts with Facebook, it adds a +1 to the number. This is the default format in Facebook as I checked my own profile. This is probably the issue but I want it fixed. I cannot edit the contact information of those I have from FB and when I try to link it to a new contact that does not have the +1, it still defaults back to the FB one.

Is anyone else having this issue? I know I could just suck it up and use normal contacts, but this is supposed to be one of the phone's features and if it isn't working then I want a new one. I have had the phone 3 months and I have not had any issues until this last update I downloaded.

Advertisement

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    If I were you I would sync all contacts with my gmail account thus adding all the Facebook contacts to your gmail contact, then unsync Facebook contacts and go through and delete those 1s.
    Somehow I doubt this is what you were hoping for, but if the 1s are the problem this should fix it.

Note that I use the numbers synced from Facebook with the 1s and have no problems. So this may not actually do anything for you. But maybe worth a try if you have the time. It would also give you more information for your ticket with vz.

3. wyrick

wyrick New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and see if it works. Also, the issue wasn't just thr 1, its the +1. Supposedly...will let you know if it works.