• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS in Gmail

secrecyguy

May 14, 2011
When Android first came out, there was one feature I like.

It can actually sync your text messages from your phone into your Gmail account and it is placed in a special folder marked "SMS".

Now since I am back using Android again, I just use Google Voice for my text messages.

But every once in a while, people still like to send me text messages using my old phone number.

What I noticed is the Android no longer sync my text messages to my Gmail account anymore.

I look at the settings in my Gmail account and on my phone and it seems the ability to sync my text messages is no longer there.

I take it Google no longer does this anymore? If so, is there a program I can use to get this feature back again?

If there's no way to do it than I will like to at least be able to archive my text messages into my Gmail account or my Google Voice account.

Thanks for any help! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones