• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Incorrect Contacts Issue

Fix for the Facebook +44 number problem

Click on Phone

Find a contact with a incorrect number (as mentioned starts 44)
Long press on the contact
Then click View contact
Scroll down and press edit
Change the mobile (This should have the proper contact number in it) to another option (Fax for example)
Click Save
Long press on the changed option above(Fax) and select "Set as primary number"
Select edit again
Change the Fax option back to mobile and click save.
This will make the proper number the default again rather than the facebook number.

Thanks, this worked a treat on my Desire. Pity I'll have to do that for people I had uploaded from previous phone whom I have on my FB too. Such a basic flaw. I'm on Orange and there doesn't appear to be any fix as such. Hopefully Froyo sorts that bug.

Upvote 0
I've the same issues and just spend 20 minutes reading this thread. I've deleted the friend from Facebook (he took it well) and wiped his info from anywhere on the phone yet i still get texts from Orange and the bank and even my Dentist coming from my friends little smiling face. Does anyone know where else i have to delete my friends info?

Upvote 0
Something needs to be done about this, i have the same problem. When i unlink one friend, it just comes through as being from another and i don't want to remove all my facebook contacts as i then loose all pictures etc.
Only thing is when a text comes through from an unknown number, i can't even see the number itself which is quite infuriating.

Upvote 0
HTC Desire S... When i get a txt from certain people that i have saved in my address book. The message will not display the number format i saved (07) but +44. I have tried deleting the number and re saving the number starting with 07. This still does not solve the issue. I have spoke to orange tech guys multiple times and been given new sim cards and replayment phones. Still did not fix the issue. Have spoken to HTC and they just say reset the phone, to no help. rang orange to complain again today and found out the orange lady had the same phone with the same issue. Apparently its a problem with the recent android update, and nothing can be done till htc sort it with android. Hope this helps People.

HTC Desire S user

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones