1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS issues after OTA update "The process com.android.mms has stopped"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FullMetalMikey, Dec 11, 2013.

1. FullMetalMikey

I installed the 4.2.2 update last night. Overall I like the design, and the phone seems to be a little more responsive. HOWEVER...

I went to my SMS messages, and the background had changed to a hideous pink background/white text scheme. Being a guy, I don't want pink anywhere on my phone, especially on something I use the most which is my text messaging app.

In the default messages app, I navigated to menu>settings>general. That's where the problem is. When I hit General, I get an error message that says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.mms has stopped." All I can do is hit ok, then it just goes back to the text messages. I've restarted the phone and also performed a factory cache wipe, but the problem still exists.

Anybody have any ideas? I don't really want to factory reset the phone but if that's what I have to do... Any help would be appreciated.

I'm unrooted, running the stock Verizon version of the phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. diode3000

diode3000 Lurker

I have the same exact problem.

3. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Android Enthusiast

Just had that happen tonight. :thinking:

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews