• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS Issues

DCritter

May 24, 2011
Samsung S10 - Has been working fine for years. Using GoSMS on phone. On computer using MightyText. Suddenly last week stopped getting incoming texts. They all show up MightyText, but not the phone. Now get some texts from some folks and no texts from others. Can get a text from one person and then not get their next reply to my response. Some folks I get no incoming texts, period, while at same approx time getting them from others. Nobody do I get all their texts.

Same thing using standard Messages app that came with the phone. Same incoming texts are missing in both apps.

Tried clearing cache, hard booting phone. No change. Tried shutting down MightyText and no change. Start MightyText up and the missing texts sent while it was shut down are there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

You said the device is years old, right?

Quite possibly the technology has moved on, and the device is not compliant.

Is it possible that the texts from people that are not coming in are from people with newer devices?

2.5 years old, not quite ancient. ;) Updated to latest Android. I would think then it would work or wouldn't work. Not just some folks not work at all, some folks intermittent. My wife has same age android phone as me and she is intermittent, sometimes I get the text, sometimes not. My employee has a relatively new iPhone and it's worked fine until last week. Now I get none of his texts at all, but do get a friend's whose iPhone is one week old. No rhyme or reason to it that I can identify. :p

Upvote 0
But, then, wouldn't they also not show up with MightyText?

This? https://mightytext.net/

From their descriptions, it sounds that works over the internet to servers, rather than direct SMSs with the carrier.

So it does sound like a problem in the carrier network that they need to fix.

Upvote 0
This? https://mightytext.net/

From their descriptions, it sounds that works over the internet to servers, rather than direct SMSs with the carrier.

So it does sound like a problem in the carrier network that they need to fix.

Yes that's the one. No idea how it works, magic to me. Guess I will sit on hold with Verizon for a few hours (probably to be told there's nothing wrong...just saying...) Thanks.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
2.5 years old, not quite ancient. ;) Updated to latest Android. I would think then it would work or wouldn't work. Not just some folks not work at all, some folks intermittent. My wife has same age android phone as me and she is intermittent, sometimes I get the text, sometimes not. My employee has a relatively new iPhone and it's worked fine until last week. Now I get none of his texts at all, but do get a friend's whose iPhone is one week old. No rhyme or reason to it that I can identify. :p

Did the issue start after the update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones