1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS messages have been deleted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bg8780, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Bg8780

Bg8780 Newbie

Hey guys! Today my Droid just decided to completely delete my entire Inbox. This is the second time this has happened, the first time I thought it was due to Handcent but this time it happened with Handcent uninstalled.

Am I the only one this has happened to?

Thanks!

2. No it's not. I had over 1500 messages deleted instantly when i power cycled my droid. I don't know why this happened. I was also using Home++ at the time, gave up on that.

3. Bg8780

Bg8780 Newbie

This seems to happen randomly as I did not power sync or power off my Droid. Very strange and frustrating.

4. Josh0187

Josh0187 Member

Happened to me too, me thinks the OS has a slight issue with it.

5. Bg8780

Bg8780 Newbie

Hey Josh! What store do you work at as an Agent? I was a GS Agent in Macedonia, Ohio.

6. agy2k2

agy2k2 Lurker

this just happened to me as well...

7. bb90

bb90 Newbie

literally just happened to me, i think it may have to do with a taskiller but idk kind of annoyed

8. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

happened to me to its irritating.... has done it 3 times... my girlsfriends iphone has all our texts from when we first talked and I don't ;(

9. Josh0187

Josh0187 Member

BG, I work up in Perrysburg Ohio atm.

And it hasn't done it to me since that first time, but I am using SMS backup to backup all my texts to my gmail account now.

10. kellyg1120

kellyg1120 Newbie

mine did that, but in sms settings just uncheck delete old messages as limits are reached & it shouldn't anymore, if it does then idk its a tech problem i guessss

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

^ That actually makes sense - if it is marking 'old' based upon calendar dates, then it may *seem* random but in fact it is doing it on a set date....

12. kellyg1120

kellyg1120 Newbie

its if you have the limit set, idk i set my limit for like a thousand, and I guess it was deleting it when I got a thousand total messages, not per conversation. now I have no limit & it hasn't happened since :)

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews