• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sms messages

hermy65

Jun 30, 2010
Sorry for asking this but i couldnt find any other info on this and im fairly new to the whole android scene. Ive been playing around with all of the leaked froyo builds and flyx and whatnot and ive started noticing something that is really bothering me. Whenever i restore a backup or update to a new version of froyo and try to sms somebody handcent will be completely empty as if there were no text messages. After an hour or so if i go back into handcent there will leterally be like 7000 sms messages that have loaded out of nowhere. I initially assumed it had something to do with that check box under Settings -> Privacy that says automatically restore stuff but that has been unchecked the whole time. I also just assumed i had messed somethign up so i sbf'd back to 2.1 and then did a factory reset and they still showed up. Is this normal and if so is there a way to turn that off?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones