1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

SMS messaging and numbers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paddydog, Aug 4, 2010.

1. paddydog

paddydog Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I've used the default messages app, Handscent and another and all 3 have the same problem: when you add recipents from you contacts list it presents you with all the numbers you have for them - mobile, work, home, etc.

I realise it may be possible to send an SMS to a PSTN landline in some circumstances but 99.9% if the time I would only want to see the relevant mobile number come up in the list (especially after a few beers when my hand-eye coordination and reasoning capabilities might be impaired!).

Is there any workaround for this or an SMS app that copes with this?

BTW - hello, I'm new and have had my Desire for about 3 days...

Advertisement

2. paddydog

paddydog Member

Aug 4, 2010
  3. o80sgeek

o80sgeek New Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I am not sure if this is the same thing you are asking but I think my problem is similar. For every new number I add, there is a sms link entry addes as well no matter what type of number i specify. I have many contact numbers that I do not sms too, ex. landline, customer service numbers etc. and it just clutters my phone. Is there a work around for this? :thinking:

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    In handcent, it's under the settings somewhere. Untick all but mobile.

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I use ChompSMS and there's an option in Settings that let's you "Show only Mobile Contacts", where only contacts with a mobile number stored are shown in the list when you add a recipient to a new text/MMS.

There's no similar option in the default HTC messaging app.

6. paddydog

paddydog Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I installed Handcent and found this - solved my problem. Could be improved, but it will do for now.

Tags: