1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS Messaging - need some sanity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hefilump, Aug 29, 2011.

1. hefilump

hefilump Lurker

Having recently (about 2 weeks ago) jumped ship from nearly 2 decades as a Nokia owner (believe me, that is a lot of Nokias) I have just chnaged to an HTC Desire HD.

I must say that the phone is fantastic (if a little battery hungry) and I cannot believe the difference between it and my last Nokia (5800XM running C6 CFW)

But I do have a couple of questions:

1 - Is there an SMS application out there that works in a similar way to my old Nokia - I should just get used to the new way of doing things but sometimes an old dog has problems learning new tricks. I really liked the folders and cannot find an SMS app that defaults to a folder view.

The closest I have found in GoSMS but it will not default to folder view

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 - Is there any way of turning off the ringer volume control by the side keys? While I can see it would be handy in some circumstance I find I keep hitting the buttons by accident and turning the volume down (or even off) - usually just before an important call which I then miss!!

If anyone has any suggestion they will be gratefully recieved.

I am sure I will have more question but these are the 2 most pressing at the moment

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Handcent or Chomp SMS might offer that function, but I've had a play about with Go and I can't see the option to make folder view the default.

If it makes you feel better, I used to do exactly the same. Unfortunately, there is no option to disable the buttons by default, but if you install widgetlocker which has an option to disable the side buttons whilst the screen is locked. Aside from that, widgetlocker can do quite a fair bit so it's worth installing anyway. I've added shortcuts to all of my favourite apps to my lockscreen, it's pretty handy.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews