1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SMS/Miss call notifier for lockscreen

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by guyver_dio, Jul 7, 2011.

1. guyver_dio

guyver_dio Member
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Systems Developer
    Queensland, Australia
    Hey

Just wondering if anyone knows of a widget which can show me a short list of my most recent missed calls and txts. Something without a background would be preferable. Also, would be nice if it wasn't linked to any actions (e.g. when i click the miss call it shouldn't go into my call log or ring them or anything), I just want to be able to view the most recent and nothing else.

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I use Executive Assistant Free widget for my lock screen. You can customize it to your liking. It has a scrollable view and you can place app short cuts and widgets on it. You can view missed calls, text messages, emails, next alarm and other stuff without having to unlock your phone. If you want to respond to a text, just press the text tab and it will ask you to unlock phone and take you to that app.

3. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    There are many widgets, like the above, that will work over a typical lock screen.

However, my phone is synches to my work's exchange server, and my IT depatment requires ma to have a password to unlock, and no matter what I try, I can not get any widgets to appear over that lock screen, no matter what I do.

Now if I remove my work email and calendar, I can do it.

4. ClubSteeler

None

Jan 7, 2011
  5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

Have you tried Widgetlocker? It works with your standard lock screen. It's like having a wallpaper with shortcuts and widgets. If you press a shortcut or slide to unlock it will take you to your regular lockscreen that asks for your password.

6. joeunc

joeunc Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    try no led, it's free and I also sync over exchange. It displays mail, tweet, sms, mssed calls or basically anything on the locked screeen. I just stepped away from my desk and the little tweetcaster bird is moving around the locked screen so I know a missed twee,

7. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

I used this app on my captivate. Worked great. Even downloaded it to my inspire without thinking that the inspire has a notification led.

8. ClubSteeler

None

Jan 7, 2011

Yes I think I have tried Widgetlocker... No luck.

I've even set up my apps such as Go SMS Pro to pop up notification windows over the lock screen, but it doesn't work. I believe that when your lock screen as password is mandated bt a remote administrator (ie work), the lock screen is impenetrable.