• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS/Miss call notifier for lockscreen

Hey

Just wondering if anyone knows of a widget which can show me a short list of my most recent missed calls and txts. Something without a background would be preferable. Also, would be nice if it wasn't linked to any actions (e.g. when i click the miss call it shouldn't go into my call log or ring them or anything), I just want to be able to view the most recent and nothing else.

I use Executive Assistant Free widget for my lock screen. You can customize it to your liking. It has a scrollable view and you can place app short cuts and widgets on it. You can view missed calls, text messages, emails, next alarm and other stuff without having to unlock your phone. If you want to respond to a text, just press the text tab and it will ask you to unlock phone and take you to that app.

Upvote 0
There are many widgets, like the above, that will work over a typical lock screen.

However, my phone is synches to my work's exchange server, and my IT depatment requires ma to have a password to unlock, and no matter what I try, I can not get any widgets to appear over that lock screen, no matter what I do.

Now if I remove my work email and calendar, I can do it.

Upvote 0
There are many widgets, like the above, that will work over a typical lock screen.

However, my phone is synches to my work's exchange server, and my IT depatment requires ma to have a password to unlock, and no matter what I try, I can not get any widgets to appear over that lock screen, no matter what I do.

Now if I remove my work email and calendar, I can do it.

Have you tried Widgetlocker? It works with your standard lock screen. It's like having a wallpaper with shortcuts and widgets. If you press a shortcut or slide to unlock it will take you to your regular lockscreen that asks for your password.

Upvote 0
try no led, it's free and I also sync over exchange. It displays mail, tweet, sms, mssed calls or basically anything on the locked screeen. I just stepped away from my desk and the little tweetcaster bird is moving around the locked screen so I know a missed twee,

I used this app on my captivate. Worked great. Even downloaded it to my inspire without thinking that the inspire has a notification led.

Upvote 0
Have you tried Widgetlocker? It works with your standard lock screen. It's like having a wallpaper with shortcuts and widgets. If you press a shortcut or slide to unlock it will take you to your regular lockscreen that asks for your password.

Yes I think I have tried Widgetlocker... No luck.

I've even set up my apps such as Go SMS Pro to pop up notification windows over the lock screen, but it doesn't work. I believe that when your lock screen as password is mandated bt a remote administrator (ie work), the lock screen is impenetrable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones