• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS/MMS Issues.

Treydude

Jan 11, 2011
Austin Texas
I currently use Handcent. I know the max character per message is 160 before it splits the message right? But sometimes when I send a long txt and it splits it, only the 2nd, shorter part of the txt will go through. I will ALWAYS have to edit the longer part to shorten it down enough for it to send it. Is there a way around that?

Also it seems it does not like short txts alot. 8 times out of 10 if i type say "yes" it will always say it did not go through. Is that normal?

Just plain rooted, regular messages on 3g. Its been this way since I got it. I am on my second phone, tech issues with the first. Both phones would do it.

EVERY time I send a large txt, it splits it and EVERY time the longer (1/2) will never go through but the short (2/2) will. I have to edit the first one to make it shorter.

Upvote 0
63 views and no one else has had this experience?

Hello there.

i'm using the cm7-ascend 05212011 rom, and with the "built-in"/stock messaging app, when i sent a msg. >160 characters, the other phone received the 2 parts of the message... but it's garbled (like it was encoded). :eek:

Has anyone else experienced that?

Is there a fix when using the stock Messaging app?

And do you recommend the GoSMS app to overcome this? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hello there.

i'm using the cm7-ascend 05212011 rom, and with the "built-in"/stock messaging app, when i sent a msg. >160 characters, the other phone received the 2 parts of the message... but it's garbled (like it was encoded). :eek:

go sms is a good app, i advise you to test it and see if it works for you.

Reactions: edwardb
Upvote 0
Hello there.

Yes,I'm on CRICKET w/CM7 05212011 & have experienced this as well.If GO SMS doesn't help, try APN MANAGER by 81 square,either by itself or in conjunction w/GO SMS.
Keep us posted on your results.

Upvote 0
I tried gosms but my problem just got worse. Now it seems i cant send or recieve mms texts...

Well thats not good to hear. Maybe try doing a wipe and re-install of the rom. From what i have been reading a lot of people have had trouble with the latest rom, of course i do not fault the developers at all, as these ascends are quirky at best. Each one is different in its own little way.

If reflashing does not work, you can also try an older version of CM7. The one prior to this one worked great for me, but this current one gives me trouble with MMS and with WIFI.

I backed out of CM7 all together and went with CM6. True its not gingerbread, but its way better than the Stock 2.1, and the 2.2.2 update will ever be

Upvote 0
Well thats not good to hear. Maybe try doing a wipe and re-install of the rom. From what i have been reading a lot of people have had trouble with the latest rom, of course i do not fault the developers at all, as these ascends are quirky at best. Each one is different in its own little way.

If reflashing does not work, you can also try an older version of CM7. The one prior to this one worked great for me, but this current one gives me trouble with MMS and with WIFI.

I backed out of CM7 all together and went with CM6. True its not gingerbread, but its way better than the Stock 2.1, and the 2.2.2 update will ever be

Thats just ot, I am only rooted. But after awhile it seemed to fix itself. For awhile I was getting peoples txts out of order, I could not download pics or send any. Was odd indeed.

Upvote 0
so my phone is acting weird and decides that who ever text me, it will send twice, which is really annoying... I've tested this with my brother also. He sent me one message and i got two messages from him. How can i fix this?

Assuming you downloaded a separate SMS program from the market you will need to go into the stock messaging options and disable txt notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones