1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS/MMS/Missed Call/Voice mail reminder app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Art2013, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Art2013

Art2013 Lurker

Hey guys, what do you use as an app to notify you of missed calls/SMS/MMS and voice mail? I'm looking for something that will minimally allow me to select any sound file to play when I receive any of the above. I also want a reminder sound to play for any unread/unviewed messages I've received. Ideally, I'd like to be able to assign different sounds for different contacts. Anything like this for the Marquee?

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Well, the phone let's me know when I've missed a call. I use Chompsms for messaging. It has the option to select the the ring tone and it also has the option to notify you every so often that you have an unread message.

The ringtone for different contacts can be selected in the contacts. No app is needed. It's under the contacts options.

3. Art2013

Art2013 Lurker

What about assigning a different sound for SMS and MMS and phone miss? I work in a noisy area, need to identify message notifications by sound.

4. bpaulien

bpaulien Well-Known Member

Each of the apps biker mentioned above give you the ability to select the ringtones you prefer. Just look in the settings.

5. Art2013

Art2013 Lurker

Will ChompSMS let me set different tones for MMS and SMS? That's what I need..many many apps will set tone for both, but can't find any that will set different tones. For example:

SMS = typewriter sound
    MMS = horn sound

Hope that is clear?

6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

You are not going to find an app that will allow you to have one sound for MMS and then another for SMS. Sorry, that's just the way it is. They way the app makers look at it is a message is a message. They will let you pick a ring tone for an incoming message and thats it.

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews