1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SMS/MMS Notification Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bszaronos, Oct 17, 2014.

1. bszaronos

bszaronos Newbie

Noticed a strange thing on my note 4.
    I get a message notification every time else except when I am on the conversation. For example. My phone is in sleep and I get a new message, I get the notification. If I am in the main message window, I get the notification. When I answer the text from my wife and still in the conversation with her, I get no notification.

I checked this on the galaxy s5 and it works on her device, just not mine.

Can anyone else verify that this is normal, and you get the same thing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bszaronos

bszaronos Newbie

No one else has tried this ?

3. G2Smooth

G2Smooth Newbie

My AT&T Galaxy Note 4 will sound off an audible alert when I get text message. However, after I open the default message App and start a text chat, I get no more audible alerts and I have to keep glancing at the phone to know when the other party replies.

Neither AT&T or Samsung support could fix it. They also found that all the other GN4 phones did the same thing. Anyone else with this issue and how to fix it?

4. G2Smooth

G2Smooth Newbie

Mine does the same thing. I've taken it to AT&T phone support center and they couldn't fix it. All the other GN4 phones in their store had the same flaw. I hope Samsung fixes it soon.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews