• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SMS/MMS Problems

Coach56

May 24, 2011
I'm running Mobster's rom and last night my texts and mms started to not send. My bars show I have service and my 3g/4g is working, but I have to restart my phone every few hours for them to send and maybe even receive.

Also, sometimes my text conversations are splitting into 2 messages from one person. I'll be in the middle of a conversation with someone, open my text app(messaging or goSMS) and i have to browse thru the convo list because some will have the contact name and another one with just the phone number...Sometimes they both have the name or both have the number.

I've read a little about the dropped service problems, but I think with that they lose service completely. Anyone else having a problem with the rom or is it just my phone?

I'm running Mobster's rom and last night my texts and mms started to not send. My bars show I have service and my 3g/4g is working, but I have to restart my phone every few hours for them to send and maybe even receive.

Also, sometimes my text conversations are splitting into 2 messages from one person. I'll be in the middle of a conversation with someone, open my text app(messaging or goSMS) and i have to browse thru the convo list because some will have the contact name and another one with just the phone number...Sometimes they both have the name or both have the number.

I've read a little about the dropped service problems, but I think with that they lose service completely. Anyone else having a problem with the rom or is it just my phone?

Call Virgin Mobile. I just called them because I wasn't receiving calls or text messages. They restarted my network then after all that I was able to receive calls and texts. :D I was also running Mobster ROM

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones