1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support SMS "New Message" alert issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zoll, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Zoll

Zoll New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant from Bell, and I am not verry technical. I have some (maybe 10) additional apps installed since i got the phone, including advanced task killer.

My issue is this: when I get a new message, it appears in the blinds (the thing at the top?) like it is supposed to, but after I check the message, it stays there, saying I have the new message. I can clear it and it goes away, but shouldnt it dissapear after I check the text?

I also crash frequently, but I am thinking newer firmware will fix that :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Firmware: 2.1 -update1
    Baseband version: I9000UGJG9
    Model : GT-I9000M

Advertisement

2. Digi79

Digi79 New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey mate, that envelope will stay there until you back out of the message. I think that it's just a poorly implemented piece of coding. I was using a different messaging application, so I ALWAYS had it there... rather annoying to be honest, but a nice feature when it works.

Hope that you enjoy your phone :)

3. Zoll

Zoll New Member

Aug 27, 2010
    The alert is still up after I have checked the message, and have exited the messaging app. If i click the alert again, it takes me to the list of messages, and it shows no new messages...I just want the alert gone after I check the message.

4. ironman666

ironman666 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Norway
    Press the "back" hardware key, not the home button, when reading new sms, and the notification should go away

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    It happens on everything phone. Just bad coding.