• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS notifcation that wont go away

radtechy

Aug 4, 2010
i have a message that supposedly was never sent to me from my wife a stupid smiley face. it keeps coming up in the notificaion bar if i try to open it the phone just tries to open it but i cant cause its not there. if i got to "people" it shows the message still there and i cant get an option to delete it.

i have wiped out all my messages as it is i have them auto delete after 25 texts.
i also deleted her from my google contacts synced and re-added and the phone did such a great job of still associating this text with the contact.

any ideas???? my incredible works fine. and i have tons of apps i dont want to have to re download and not to metion all my settings. at least my contacts will sync no problem thanks to google

i dont know how but i went to answer a text and this message that i cant delete was mixed in with another person and i was shocked to see it there but thought fast and long pressed on it and was able to delete the message and bye bye no more problem when i go under "people" under that contact its gone.

the reason i couldnt do this before is that it was just a notification if i was able to open it then im sure i could have deleted it like i did just now

i just hope this never happens again

thanks to all who tried to help me out

Upvote 0
i dont know how but i went to answer a text and this message that i cant delete was mixed in with another person and i was shocked to see it there but thought fast and long pressed on it and was able to delete the message and bye bye no more problem when i go under "people" under that contact its gone.

Excellent!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones